Explore how it proves most valuable for developers to be skilled in everything from fluent communication to staying abreast with the tech trends:
Keep Up with the Industry Trends
The digital world is transforming at an incredible pace making industry trends instantaneous as well as prone to rapid shifts. This is also true in the case of app development.
The latest coding languages, programs, devices, new applications, and development trends are must-know aspects for a successful developer. Be it any client or any employer you are pitching for a development project or a highly leveraged job, you need to be ingenious and updated about the new technologies and tools to stand out from the rest.
Ways to stay abreast of industry trends
- Set regular reminders to perform online research on new technologies at regular intervals
- Subscribe to top tech innovator websites to get emails on updated trends
- Search for new features, technologies or platforms that are going to be launched shortly
- Get emails from top tech communities and explore what’s happening in the world of coding
- Be interested in new technology transformation possibilities, for instance, Metaverse or Extended Reality
Top Programming Languages Becoming a Trump Card for Developers in 2022
Programming languages in 2022 are like wine- the best ones enhance with age and the rest of them turn to vinegar…
It’s just like watching a season on Netflix. You concentrate when you start with the initial episodes. Gradually, your concentration becomes your interest and you get engrossed in watching the full season at once.
- Make your basics clear
- Practice writing codes as much as possible
- Realize the programming rules
- Write, develop, test, and gain perfection
- Keep a habit of making bugs and errors an important consideration
Be Well Versed with React
Ways to excel in React:
- Gain a grounded understanding of ES6 features
- Know how to use npm
- Practice developing simplified frontend applications to experience the potential of React
Proficient in HTML/CSS/JQuery
As a front-end developer, you need to have an upper hand in HTML, CSS, and JQuery. It’s not about understanding the basics. It’s about how to use the advanced features of CSS3 or HTML5 in an innovative and artistic way, especially when blending them with other frameworks.
When we talk about staying on top of creative programming and animation, it’s essential to be familiar with and leverage new technologies, tools, platforms, and concepts like headless CMS or SASS or analogous pre-processing technologies.
On the flip side, JQuery is a library with a dynamic collection of extensions, plugins, and shortcuts to make it robust for performing certain development actions. So, a successful developer should be seasoned with JQuery.
Ways to excel in HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Practice developing a basic front-end application using these tools
- Perform code review and match it with the existing ones. Find out how the existing code has fewer lines of code compared to the code written by you
- Give yourself better clarity by writing comments before you start writing the code
- Keep yourself acquainted with the latest standards and features
Fluent Communication Skills
You might feel that all the developers merely sit in front of the computer screens and do not get the opportunity to speak much across the team or with the clients. But things have changed drastically.
All the software houses now offer a dedicated developer for hire, which makes it essential for the developer to directly communicate with the client in the most fluent way possible. The situation proves similar in the case of team collaborations and reporting processes. Fluency in communication is essential from the business and job standpoint.
Ways to develop communication skills
- Practice the art of listening as people like to be heard
- There should be a balance between using informal acronyms and sounding formal depending on the person to whom you want to communicate the message.
- Be specific yet brief
- Treat everyone at an equal level
- Think before you speak and maintain a positive attitude in your tone